Wednesday, October 28, 2009

LOADS OF MOTHERHOOD REUNION

One of the most underrated bands to come out of the mid 90's underground scene and perhaps one of the most misunderstood. They where one of the bands during the mid 90's to fuse Metal and Hardcore and with some Numetal arrangements that i think they are the ones who did that in the mid 90's along with some bands including Tame The Tikbalang and Mindrape.

I posted this one night only affair (even though i hated the bar that these great band is into) Its because one of the member of this band is a dear friend of mine. We met up at an event far more notorious than FHM shindigs during my sabbatical when my wife dragged me in that event. Turns out the guy from Loads of Motherhood is one Funky Brother! (He loves the Meters and he even had a cap that was given to him by Joseph "Zigaboo" Modeliste! during his stint in Japan).

You might say that hey, wait a minute Bisikleta Productions is only into Ska and Punk well think again my dear readers I am a metal fan too which by the way This band is into the Metal/Hardcore cross over and Nino Hernandez is one big Slayer and D.R.I. fan as myself. Let me rephrase that i basically listen to music that has character be it hip hop (not the bling bling fake raps on MTV crap), Hardcore, Jazz (to me this is punk rock), Funk, Latin, Emo (that is Embrace and Rites of Spring ONLY!), Afrobeat.

I remember back then me and Luis of Private Stock, G.I. and the Idiots and Put3ska attended a gig somewhere in Paco, Manila where in Luis will play drums for Throw, We chanced upon Nino and he and him immediately hit up and were exchanging quirky jokes here and there. I gave Luis a compilation of their record and Luis recommended Nino to Al Dimalanta for a spot to be in Throw. I haven't heard any news from Nino lately all i knew is that He and Arthur "Barthur" of MAD had done gigs abroad (his bread and butter).

Anyway enough of this rantings if you wanna see them live on November 19 beg, borrow or steal to get in!



"they never had the chance to prove themselves to people in the scene, but to their close circle of friends, we knew and proved that Loads of Motherhood was HARDCORE in every sense of the word. It wasn't their fault they were lined up/associated with major labels artists/bands and if they got invited to play UP shows and pulp shows. They were in fact that talented for a hardcore band. but they always stayed true to their roots and to themselves." - Jep Peligro

"ALTHOUGH PEOPLE IN THE SCENE NEVER GAVE THEM THAT MUCH CHANCE TO PROVE THEM SELVES, LOADS WAS HARDCORE TO ME LYRICALLY AND MUSICALLY AND PERSONALLY LOADS WAS ONE OF THE SINCEREST BAND AND INDIVIDUALS I KNOW. AND THANK GOD FOR FRIENDS LIKE THEM" - Mot Mot