Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WE ARE THE MODS


We Are the Mods is E.E. Cassidy‘s debut feature, apparently a US-based teen drama using the familiar territory of 'good girl corrupted by the bad' as well as being a tribute to 60s cult classics like Blow-Up and the early work of Jean-Luc Godard.

The movie is about teen angst in a small Northern California town. High school loner, Sadie, meets the new girl, Nico, who is a self proclaimed Mod. Nico introduces Sadie to her group of Mod friends and the entire scene comprised of scooters, stylish clothing and a new found appreciation of Quadrophenia. Sadie ultimately falls for Nico's boyfriend and has to figure out a way to keep her best friend even though she's betrayed her trust.

According to the director: 'The movie came from my interests in high school...I was into ska, I had a Vespa and the video I watched over and over was Quadrophenia. When I went to college at UC Santa Cruz there was a little mod culture there. Then when I moved back to L.A. in the late ‘90s, mod-inspired clubs were suddenly going strong, and everything sort of melded together.' For more info regarding this film please visit www.wearethemods.com